What to do with to do with to much milk???

Last week at Target they had a sale on milk for $1.69 a gallon..so I bought 3 gallons without looking at experation dates..I still have 2 and a half gallons and it expires today!!

What can I do to use it up?? besides drink til we're sick..any recipes? any ideas???

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• pour a bit out and freeze it. it may discolour but shake it up good when it thaws out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• freezzing won't water it down??
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• you can freeze it in a deep freezer for up to I think it is 2 months
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• make pudding!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• wow you guys a re slow milk drinkers. We go through 3 gallons in less than a week. Yeah you can freeze it. No it doesn't get watered down. Just make sure to shake it as it thaws cause the milk fat will seperate.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Maybe there aren't as many people in her family, pagirl71. :)
    emdred

Answer by emdred at 9:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would maybe look into a dulce de leche recipe that uses milk rather than sweetened condensed milk. I don't have a recipe but, I know my G-Ma used to use at least a gallon of milk when she made it. Idk, good luck! & I agree with Anon 1:49 puddings, in general, are probably going to be your best bet.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Pudding usually takes a good amount of milk to make. However, before I would pour it down the drain I would drive it to a shelter I am sure they would put it to good use.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I make pudding or add chocolate to it. Then the boys drink it fast! For Easter I made dirt cake and it took half a gallon of milk. I had four gallons in my fridg. so I was glad it took so much. My hubby brings milk home from the cheese factory he works at. It is free but I still hate to waste it, so I try to use it all.

momfourboys

Answer by momfourboys at 3:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Rice pudding!, homemade icecream then freeze that. Any kind of cream soups!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009