Just Venting..reallly...

I have a younger brother, 24, who has been dating a girl, (also 24) since high school. They just had their first baby, (5 months) and he's the cutest thing ever. (Next to our son!) Anyway, my parents have helped these guys out soooo much and even took them in for about 7 mos, rent free, when they almost lost their house. A month ago they moved out and haven't brought the baby by since! Not even a call today, for Easter! And my brother says its because our younger brother, (19) stole his Ipod and that we are all on HIS side, when in reality, we have no proof that anyone took it, so we really CANT be mad at the younger bro! AAAGH!! My brother's an idiot and I'm so mad at him for hurting my mom like this! And his girlfriend too! Our family has been there for her when my brother treated her like crap! And this is how she "thanks" my mom! What jerks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just because your parents help your brother and his girlfriend out doesn't entitle them to anything...... phone calls included. Sorry. My inlaws work like that. It is almost like they are racking up point or something. Hey, I did this this and that for you and now you do this??? In other words, they expect things out of me for them being nice. I think that is BS. If you do something for someone, it shouldn't be to get them to act a certain way or do certain things. It should be because you want to. Your brother is pissed about something, and he has every right to be pissed even if you don't agree.
    4theLoveofLovey

Answer by 4theLoveofLovey at 2:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It's not so much that my parents feel they are due a phone call in return for taking in my brother and his girlfriend, and dealing with the pregnancy, birth, and baby...my parents did nothing BUT help them. My brother shouldn't be "PUNISHING" my parents because of something that he ASSUMES our other brother did. For all we know, he could have left his ipod at the gym or work or his girlfriends, or anywhere else! But because he assumes that our younger brother took it, and because no one else is mad at our younger brother, (why should we be? we didn't see him take it!) they feel we are choosing sides and opt to not bring the baby around. They are using the baby against my parents! He says things like " well we wont take the baby over anymore because youre taking his side instead of believing me!" That's just plain STUPID and IMMATURE!!!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 2:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2009