Is being a bad thing when my in-laws are too open? Do things to disgust me?

well, i come from a very closed family we don't talk about anything to one another mainly sex just personal issues, my husband's side is so open bout it, its uncomfortable for me all the time and they just don't know when to stop. One time my husbands bro farted on me while i was eating and didn't say anything and another time his Ex-bro In-law sucked boogers out of his daughters nose with a straw! IN IHOP! i almost threw up and his sister just watched like it was normal who does that?

Soulsmommy

Asked by Soulsmommy at 2:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG!!!! i would have to leave.i would tell my husband that i can't deal with that kind of stuff and if he doesn't say anything than you just won't go anymore. i mean, this is the kinda stuff you have to have your kids around?? eewwww
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• yea. that is inappropriate stuff.
    about being verbally open about things. ...well, both of my families are like that. (mine and my husbands). but only with each other. not in public.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My family is open about sex, but not to the TMI point. BUt we feel that being somewhat verbally open is a good thing! Sex is never a taboo topic like it is in DH's family....as for the stuff his family does, thats just plain disgusting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my family has never talked about it. we don't talk about farting, bathroom 'issues', sex, anything that is to personal. my mom didn't give me 'the talk' until i was 18. . .a month after i lost my V. soooo with that said. . .

dh's family (mom's side) is suuuper open, and I can't stand it. she will tell me when she is having 'intestinal issues' of ANY KIND and I get pretty grossed out. I won't tell you detail, but i've seen less changing my sons diaper!!!!

I'm not that open, nor do i want to be. I don't fart in front of DH and i certainly don't do anything else around him....bathroom stuff. we've been married for almost 5 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2009