How do you pull yourself out of depression?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• exercising will usually help
    mtkelley

Answer by mtkelley at 2:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• For me it is socializing in some small way. If I am isolated then it gets worse
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Get some exercise! It releases endorphins in your brain which will help. Also get out in the sun, preferably early morning, for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Let the sunlight hit your face (protect your eyes with sunglasses). This is another natural remedy that helps. Watch funny movies....laughter IS a great medicine for depression. Stay away from carb heavy and sugary foods that can raise your blood sugar and make you feel sluggish. Try to have a goal for each day; just one goal that you are capable of achieving. Take up a hobby for yourself and work a bit on it every day.

I had clinical depression 14 years ago and I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder every year and I cannot take antidepressants. I use these methods.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2009