my sisters 9 year old walks on his tip toes

My sisters 9 year old has been walking on his tip toes since he can walk, he cant walk flat on his feet cuz after a while his feet hurt. She went to go see a doctor about it and he said his muscles are not developed in his feet due to walking on his toes and it's to late for him to wear leg brace and that he will need surgery, we trying to find out if there is anything that can be done to help those muscles in his feet so we can avoid surgery???????

looovemybabies

Asked by looovemybabies at 2:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS WITH MY SON.
    Ok this is what happened. My firstborn walked on his tiptoes then he outgrew it. My middle son's doctor kept telling us he would out grow it.
    One day I noticed he could not stand flat footed and put his feet together.
    What we ended up doing was this.
    He had botox injections in his calves to weaken his calf muscles.
    He had serial casting, casts on both legs, changed every week to stretch out his calves and tendons, for 8 weeks. Braces for 6 weeks. Physical therapy is ongoing to build those muscles that did not build to begin with.
    HE NEEDS EVALUATION BY A Physiatrist. A doctor who specializes in the physical development of children.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009