I was Due YESTARDAY!

ARG! so i was due yestarday (april 12) and yet hes still in there, still moving, and still getting bigger. i know iv lost my mucus plug, and i was 3 cm dilated, 50 % effaced at my last prenatal appt on april 7, but he wasnt dropped yet.
i go to a prenatal appt tomorrow (april 14) and hopefully my DR will say i have dropped and will set up a date to be induced.
i didnt think i would want to be induced, but i really dont want him to stay in so long that he gets so big and is painful to push out. im so ready for him now!

any last minute ideas on howi can make him drop, make my water break, or naturally cause and speed up the labor process??? ((other than sex))

piercedmomma412

Asked by piercedmomma412 at 6:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bumpy road, walking, walking, walking, it sounds weird but it works it gets things move in the right direction. GL let us know labor isn't to bad remember it's all natrual if you need meds then get them for real....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• walking...!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Lots of walking.
    mama32177

Answer by mama32177 at 6:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't induce unless you absolutely have to! He will come on his own accord. The risks involved with inducing are greater, and more end in a c-section and trust me, c sections suck!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 7:09 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• ROFL, I'm in the same boat.. well, sort of. I was due April 11th.. April 8th I had an appointment and she was -2 station, 3cm dilated, and 50% effaced... it was exactly the same today, so my induction is scheduled for April 20th!!!! Hopefully she'll come out before then.. but it's nice to know there's light at the end of the tunnel :P

Good luck with your pregnancy, maybe he'll drop soon and then come out quick.. this is my first, so it's not likely she'll want to come out on her own :(
    xxPaulaxx

Answer by xxPaulaxx at 8:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• you aren't overdue until 42 weeks for one thing. I dunno, I loved being pregnant. The only things you can do are walk and have sex. Everything else is up to the baby and body.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:12 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Walk, rock in a rocking chair and sit in a warm bath "hula hooping" your hips (so to speak) unless... you are able to actually hula hoop... LOL then try that. That will help baby engage.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• have u seen those big excercise balls?! they use them the same as a labor ball? get one of those and roll in a circle for an hour a day....my friend did this and baby dropped fast:) good luck
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• soon, momma

just keep waiting
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I know someone who bounced a little on those exercise balls and went into labor. She was on there for like more than an hour. Very warm bath maybe. My friend was due April 8th too. SHE WAS 3CM DIALATED and 50% effaced too. She just got induced this morning. She tried castol oil and only made her poop some which she said was great cause she was constipated and felt better afterwards. They say theres a pressure point on ur feet between the first toe and the second but some say it hurts some
    Anonymous