Baffled and Frustrated....

My dh has been somewhat distant lately, he acts "guilty." Thats the only way to say it. This a.m. I was cleaning out some closets and clothes, and in my dh's closet, I found a bunch of my very old, invaluable pictures of my grandma and grandpa, when they were alive...even honeymoon pictures of them! The pictures had been torn out of all their albums sometime ago and my husband "swore" he had no idea how THAT could have happened! Even if he is innocent, he comes across as guilty! Can't look me in the eye, walks off or goes into a rage screaming at me, for just not "dropping the whole matter" for now. My therapist asked me to bring my husband in for an hour's visit with me a couple of months ago. DH came, my psychiatrist interviewed him for about an hour. At our next visit with she and I alone, she told me he is a Sociopath & he is having an affair with my 1st cousin who has lived with us 3x over the past years. Pray4us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• What is your question?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Ok how would she know if he was sleeping with her? My husband and I see a therapist as well and we have a ton of issues and all she has said is he has depression from going to Iraq 3 times. Have you talked to your cousin? Do you have kids that may have pulled the pictures out? What would be his reason for taking the pictures out? I know when my husband lies because its a repetitive cycle with him. He swears he's not doing it, then gets mad and then says you will never trust me. Do you think he has cheated on you? If he is a Sociopath why doesn't your therapist offer him help? She can recommend him to another therapist as its a conflict of interest if she see's you both on separate occasions. Maybe you should look into getting him one if he agrees to it so he has someone to vent to as well. Are the pictures torn up into pieces or were they just torn out of the photo album and left in tact? \
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Okay, I have a hard time believing this. You cannot tell if a person is a sociopath in a one hour interview. Also, even if he had admitted to an affair, she is legally not allowed to say anything to you about it. She could lose her license for saying that and I doubt someone would take that risk. I just have a hard time believing this question. Sorry.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• a sociopath would never have admitted that to your therapist and even if he did, sociopaths are the best liars in the world so he could have even been lying about it just for the shock value or to see if she'd tell you. I can't imagine any reputable therapist telling a wife something like that. It's not her place to tell you stuff like that. She'd allow him to tell you. I wouldn't put much credence in that bit of gossip. As for the pix, how old are your kids? Maybe they did it. You still have them so put them in a new album (after you scan them to a disk for posterity) and put them up.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• And you should find a new doctor. If for nothing else but the fact that she violated doctor patient confidentiality when she told you he was cheating. Who knows what she told him about you, or anyone else for that matter.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Who the hell is she to tell you who he's sleeping with dude? Are you serious? Yea right!! She can't tell you that leagally NO MATTER how close you guys are. What if you'd killed him? Yourself for that matter? Girl that don't even sound right. She's a f___ sociopath!! Sue her a__ for defamation of character. Her methods are a little suspect to me.
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009