What do you use for soap scum in your tub?

I have tried everything on my tub for soap scum without satisfactory results.

I've used the name brand sprays, the harsh chemicals, the "green" cleaners, even baking soda, but I am still having a hard time getting my tub soap scum free!

Please help with suggestions.

Thank you.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 8:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Comet for the tub and Scrubbing Bubbles for the tiles.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• try shout. spray it all over let it sit for a bit and then scrub. it worked for me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have found that the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work WONDERS!

Clean like you normally do to loosen surface dirt, soap, etc., then use the Magic Eraser, and rinse...VOILA! :o) I have boys that always manage to leave a dirt on or around just about everything, and these things have been my saving grace! They even work well on wooden railings/banisters, textured refrigerator/appliance surfaces--and REALLY well on formica countertops!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Commit with or without bleach, Ajax cleaner have you tried CRL??? Its calcium lime and rust remover but it works on soap scum as well. Whatever you use let it soak first. Don't rinse the shower first just put the chemicals on it and let it soak for about 10 minutes. If you use commit then you have to get the area wet and then use the commit like a thick paste and let it sit.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• This might not be a very (green) way but for the tub I have to use a spray cleaner w/ bleach - works awesome!
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• try the mr. bubbles scrub pads that come with bleach. They seem to work, and if that doesn't work for you, try the soft scrub with bleach. Good luck!
    zee1206

Answer by zee1206 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• We have bad water, even with a water softener. We've found that Kaboom works the BEST on our tub.
    Once you get the tub clean, how about just wiping it down after every bath to prevent it building up?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Comet and Scrubbing bubbles. Try using the Mr. Clean magic eraser!!!!
    heyiitsang84

Answer by heyiitsang84 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Kaboom! The one you see Billy Mayes endorse...but you can find it at Wal-Mart. My room mate had some & it worked so well. And it smells good.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I've used Dawn and a nylon scrubber with good success.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 9:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2009