31 wks and in pain,

I have this pain in my I guess groin (sp) area. Its hard for me to go up stairs, lift my legs to put my pants on, or to even put my shoes on. It will go into my thighs as well. I don't know if I dropped or not, but I did feel her really low, and I seemed to have a lot of pressure pretty low. Is this normal? I will be calling my dr. today, but would like to see what your thoughts are. I'm going to go nuts if I have to deal w/ this til the end. Thanks.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It happens sometimes, she might be on a nerve or your uterus is stretching again so its pulling things tighter. You may feel her low but that doesn't mean she has dropped. She may have switched positions on you as your only 31 weeks and she still has room to move. It should go away and if your contacting the dr they will let you know what is going on. your going to have pressure low in your stomach groin area as there is a lot of weight and pressure on it now. I had so much I thought my baby would fall out of me sometimes. I also had the leg and groin pains and they said she was on my sciatica nerve and once she moved it would go away and it did.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I was going to call the dr. today about it, do you think I should or just wait and see if it goes away? I have had the pain for 2 days now.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You can call and talk to your doctor, but my advice is to see a chiropractor.
    During pregnancy the hormones allow your ligaments to stretch in your pelvis and baby can engage (which is fine!) but if you have any sort of misalignment, it will cause more pressure and pain than necessary. I went last week to mine (I am 31 weeks) and he did some quick (and glorious!) adjustments. Turns out my hips were misaligned which happens in pregnancy from shifting our weight improperly. One leg as actually measuing 2 1/2 inches longer than the other before he 'realigned' things. It didnt hurt at all- it felt REALLY good. Best of all that intense pressure I was feeling (like baby was gonna fall out) was relieved instantly. .,... *and my OB said it was because my uterus was just well stretched out @@* lol.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2009