it all started...

2 summers ago when the new neighbors moved in.they questioned my daughter...she spilled the beans on the the neighbor on the other side.we havent spoken in 2 yrs.they had a easter egg hunt and party over the week end and my daughter wasnt invited.she wasnt invited to the birthday party they had either.she always plays down there.i am very sad and dont know what to do?these woman are younger than me.they stay together like flyon fly paper.i said some things i shouldnt have so did so did my neighbor.i apologized.she didnt.she is sucking everyone in with her,nobody is taking to me .i dont know what to do.her husband came home on leave and they hid him in the back side of the car so we wouldnt see him.he was going to talk to my husband about all this.my daughter is also very hurt.she has other friends who are also being jerks.i dont get it .is it us.please no bashing the clonopins look real good right now....WHAT DO I DO????

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I AM SERIOUS .i have done it before. i suffer from depression.and for some reason i am really depressed about this/
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I know you have apologized, but I would talk to her again. I would do a direct conversation, and just tell her that you feel bad about what has happened between you, but you want to move past it and be friends again. Explain that this is starting to affect the kids, and that's not fair and you want to resolve it. If she's really not willing to work it out, and you're that depressed, then my only suggestion is to consider moving. I know that may seem drastic, especially if you own your home, but with depression, you can't really play around. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I've been in positions like yours - just keep yourself busy with your own life separate from the neighborhood. How old is your daughter? Direct her to social groups away from the neighborhood, you're allowed to do that. Get her in to 4H great for at least as young as firstgr maybe kinderg up through hs. Girl Scouts have Daisies for kinderg. , Library's have story and craft time, Barnes and Noble have that too. Even if you didn't do whatever you could still be gossiped about. Just keep busy. Moms who work outside the home aren't drawn in to a lot of neighborhood drama cuz they're not home during the day. You can try to stay out of it by keeping busy during the days. Do you have little children? There's a group called Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) that might be national. Join an out of neighborhood play group. Hope things get better for you. You are not the only one this has happened to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Leave them alone. If they can't take it, you must move on. You can't change anyone and you can't make anyone like you or, sadly, your child. I'm sorry, but it is true. Instead of watching their every move, make your own happiness and fun. Move on. PS are you from Clubmom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You lost me in the serious you've done it before part...
    You can't make someone like you, and I know people do it all the time, but you have to be careful talking about people in front of the kids, they have the gift of honesty and innocense and will rat you out nearly every time.
    I don't understand the whole hiding the hubby that came home on leave either.
    By all means... apologize again, but it won't ever be the same. Trust is a major part of any relationship and it's been broken here I take it... but the kids shouldn't have to suffer because of it but from the sound of it, I wouldn't want my kids around people that treat her badly anyway.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Stay to yourself and take the clonopin as directed. Overdosing won't help your daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Leave them the f__ alone. You said they are young. Problem solved, you don't need anything like that in your life. Honestly, if you apologized and their still behaving like that it should tell you what you are dealing with. When a person shows you their true self TAKE HEED..................
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2009