im 39 weeks pregnant. Can i finally get my membranes stripped?!

Last week they said no because im only 2cm dilated and was only 70% effaced.. then they told me i was 80% effaced...

I dont want to go over my due date!! and its next week..I want to get my freaking membranes stripped and now im that 39weeks im hoping they'll do it!

Will they do it or will they prolly say "no" again

(they said no lastweek because being 2cm they cant "sweep" anything? wtf?

So..anyone know!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 2 cm's 70% last week and that was 39 weeks and 3 days they stripped mine and offered to also the week before. Here I am a day past my due date and headed to the doctors in a bit. I guess it depends on your doctor.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• god damn it! my doctors suck @$$
    lol
    yeah im going to the doctors in a few minutes too...for 9:15 and its 8:55 right now xD
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You can have them start stripping them at 38 weeks. They do a little at a time to help you not go past your due date. If your changing at all it will possibly help you go into labor. I had mine done on 9-11 at 38 wks and 6 days and had my daughter on 9-14 at 39 wks 1 day. Good luck
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh when I had mine done I was 2 cm and 70 % effaced. They can try it as long as your opening up. Some doctors won't ever do it just because they think nature should take its course. Ask again and if your told no then hope and pray you don't go over. I had a midwife and she was awesome about getting things done to avoid going over.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I sure hope so! It's so hard to be patient at the end there. I had mine done and was only 2cm dilated. Update us!!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• A due date isn't an expiration date, you know. Doctors need to start telling women "You're due at the end of April, early May." instead of a date.
    Anonymous