What does your typical grocery list look like?

For how long and for how many people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I shop for 3 people, every week. Usually, the staples on my list are milk, oj, potatoes, apples, raisins, bananas. Things that last longer than a week but I buy regularly are lettuce, onions, ice cream, popsicles. Then other things I buy as needed are things like pasta, taco stuff, burrito stuff, fajita stuff, frozen veggies, egg rolls, frozen garlic bread, cornbread and blueberry muffin mixes, cereal, nacho cheese sauce, peanut butter, jelly, meat marinades, bbq sauce. Those are things I usually stock up on when they are on sale. That's all I can think of right now. Some things vary from week to week depending on my menu for that week. I might buy something one week that I dont' usually buy for a recipe that I'm trying.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• 2 weeks 5 people

2 bags potatos
    3 gallons milk (will buy more the following week)
    2 loaves of bread
    butter
    2-3 cereal
    bag of apples
    2 bags of salad greens
    tomotos
    carrots
    2-3 packs of chicken
    1-2 steak
    1-2 hamburger
    fish
    shrimp
    some lunch meat
    lots of cheese
    veggies -fresh and canned
    1-2 dozen e ggs
    spagetti sauce
    noodles
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Our list is like above with the same amount of people but with more red meat, chicken and pork instead of seafood. No one eats it but my husband. We stick to organic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Grapes,apples, bananas, potatoes, bell peppers, chicken, milk, applesauce, cheese, whole wheat bread, wheat flour, eggs, ground beef, pork chops, ribeye steak, and yogurt. That's the things that I buy everytime I go. That's for 2 adults and 1 toddler, and we go every 2 weeks, sometimes more often. I always buy other things too depending on what I'm cooking. I always make a menu for each week and buy what I need for making what's on the menu.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I go shopping about once a week for 4 people and mine might be: A bag of frozen chicken breasts, a 3lbs roll of hamburger that I divide up when I get home, cereal, milk, bread, eggs, chunk cheese (I shred it to use if I want), carrots, lettuce, apples, bananas, lunch meat, rice, potatoes, bisquick mix, canned vegetables, sour cream, cottage cheese, and a snack or two.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I go every two weeks. My first of the month is usually REALLY long and costs around 250. It has everything on it, meat milk, eggs, dang near the whole store! LOL On the fifteenth I just restock what I am out of, and get more milk. I only shop for two ppl right now, unless you count buying for dh's care packages?
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• this is going to look bad..
    for the month or maybe a week who knows..

milk,mt, pepsi,eggs,bread,4 deals of meat,breakfast stuff for the kids,speggty,pinwheel stuff for daddy,HH(hamberhelper),and junk you can stuff in the cart..

that is exact to what it says everythime..(told it would look bad)..lol
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I forgot to add Mt.Dew and coffee to that list
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I plan a menu every two weeks so it really varies but I'll show you how I organize my list. I write down all the non perishable ingredients for those 2 weeks and the produce/perishables for the first week. I shop at Super Target and this goes by their layout.

Starbucks! I grab myself an iced coffee/no whipped cream because I'll probably be in the store for an hour or two. With 2 under 2 I need the buzz lol.
    Produce
    Meat
    Dairy
    Frozen goods
    Boxed/Canned
    Breads
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I was doing home daycare with 5 kids in addition to my 2. You can imagine what that list looked like! Tomorrows my last day. :::sigh:::
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 10:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2009