Do you go shopping at a department store just to go shopping???

My best friend loves to shop...even if she does not need anything she will go and usually pick things up on sale just in case. I myself can't stand going into stores just to look and honestly find it not to be fun at all...I only go if I need something for the kids or for myself or my husband. I just find it boring and I find it to be a waste of time...in the past when I have gone with her I just find myself thinking about what I could be doing at home and I think about all the time that I am wasting in a store that I don't want to be in...

my4kids274

Asked by my4kids274 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was younger, I did. Now, I don't. I go to the store only when I need something, and even then, I put it off as long as I can. My sons have needed new undies for about 2 weeks, and I just went today. I picked up some Easter stuff on clearance, only b/c their baskets broke yesterday and it'll save me next year. I don't generally pick stuff up on sale just in case, but I will if it's something I need anyway.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• NO, I hate shopping unless we need something. My husband loves to go and look and I can't stand it. I want to get in and get out and not walk around. I could be doing something with our daughter or cleaning the house or doing yard work or something other than looking around the store for hours.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I do it all the time and can't seem to control it. If I'm bored or feel bad, I go shopping. I want to stop but can't seem to make myself.
    niftylisa1

Answer by niftylisa1 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My mom likes to walk around and look. I personally can't stand looking at things I cannot afford to buy, or things that are too indulgent to purchase.

Grocery shopping is a different story. I love the grocery store! When DD was a newborn, going to the grocers was my weekly outing, and I would usually spend 2 hours just walking up and down the aisles.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Nice to know that I am not alone here on this one!
    my4kids274

Answer by my4kids274 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• WOW....
    I HATE SHOPIING!!!
    It's nice to see other women that don't just LOVE LOVE to shop.
    My mom is a shop-a-holic. I'll give her money to go shopping for clothes for me....lol.
    All my (female) in-laws love to always go shopping. They act like ..thats the only thing the women in the family can do together for fun. I hate it. I stay home w/ the kids and the guys.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 9:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I hate going to stores when I don't have any money! My "MIL" buys crap all the time. She has bags & bags of things that still have price tags on them. My DS is 7 months and she has clothes stocked up until he's 3! I will only go into a store when I have money & know specifically what I want to get.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I actually love to shop, but we don't do it that much. Maybe that's why.

Although, I much prefer going to garage sales. :)

I will buy stuff on clearance for my kids, in the late summer/early spring, you have great winter sales, and in the late summer, you've got great summer sales. I've gotten some great deals that way, 60-90% off of regular prices. I also LOVE children's consignment stores. I'm a sucker for a good deal.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I also go and lollygag around a store.. Most of the time i buy SOMETHING.. But some of the time, i just walk around and see whats out there..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sorry, I'm with your friend on that one.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 10:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2009