toddler sleep issues -- Normal?

My dd has been sleeping through the night w/o any problems until last week. She's fighting going to sleep and waking up between 4 and 6 am and crawling into bed with me. She goes back and to sleep and is out until I wake her up for work. I've been just letting her since it's so close to time for me to get up, but this morning I tried putting her back in her bed and she just keep coming back and finally start screaming so I gave in 'cause I want to sleep! My dd is almost two. I'm hoping it's just a phase. Anyone else been through this? When she comes in she doesn't see scared or upset or anything. Just cuddles with me and goes back to sleep.

ferdo0204

Asked by ferdo0204 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Both of my sons did that, and right around that age too. So I'd say it's probably normal. Just be careful letting her stay in your bed. I made that mistake, and now they are 8 & 5 and still try to sneak in my bed.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Not to scare you but my girl did that same age - well now she is 3 and still does it. I am just hoping its just a phase like everything else w/ kids. just a phase.....................
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• maybe she's having nightmares?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• it is a phase .my 4 yr old twins still do this an hour apart from each other lol lol ill hear ones foot steps down the hall and then tess crawling in bed with us and then drift off to feel georgie's little hand on my face saying hi mommy and him snoring next beside me im usually too tired to kick them out but yeah it is normal my older 2 grew out of it only occasionaly they will come in my room at night but since my bed is overtook by the twins they turn around and go back to their room .
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• between 1 and 2 alot of babies have night terrors. my daughter did the same thing. she eventually got over it. just give them a couple minutes then go in and comfort them but dont let them get out of bed.
    renee1986

Answer by renee1986 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2009