Daycare

Okay so I had a friend who was going to do day care for my baby to be. Well She has a three year old and lost the second child she tried to have. Well then she was pregnant again for the third time due in sept. She just lost the baby due to water broke way to early and baby was born still born. Do I still have her babysit. Or out of respect should I find someone else. Wouldnt it be to hard on her? Help I dont know what to do.

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 9:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would talk to her. I would expect it might be too hard, but it depends on how she deals with loss. My sister lost her baby around november and she had a hard time around my little girl at first. And then just a few weeks ago she had some trouble at a babies batism because the mom was pregnant at the same time she was. Let her know that you don't mind finding someone else that way she doesnt feel like she has to or anything.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would openly ask her, after a bit of time has gone by. Let her tell you, and then you decide if she can handle it or not. She may be hurt if you assume she does not want to do it and you find someone else w/o talking first.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• That is something you need to ask her. If she can handle it try it out and if it becomes to hard on her or you see signs she is having issues then maybe find a second one as a back up or to watch the baby two days a week or something to give her a break. When is your baby due? How soon do you plan on going back to work after your child is born? We all handle grief and pain differently and she may want to have your baby around to help her heal. Talk to her about it and see what she says.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I think that it is something that you should ask her, because it could actually help her heal a little or it could make it worse. I think it is one of the things that she has to make the decision on. Also since it is going to be a little while before she is going to babysit for you, she could be ready to have her mind on your little one!
    Krissi041208

Answer by Krissi041208 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Definitely ask her. Only she can tell you how she feels about it. If you just assume she won't want to do it, it could hurt her more.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:17 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I do daycare myself and I guess that depends. Does she do daycare or just going to watch your baby?
    tgentosi

Answer by tgentosi at 11:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2009