I have really sore wrists. Carpal tunnel??? Anyone else have this since having a baby?

Lately my wrists are so sore. Even to pick up my DS (8mos.) is very painful. Both wrists are eben sore to touch. Changing a diaper with a kicking child is almost more than I can handle. Does anyone have this or a possible remedy?

rbeca

Asked by rbeca at 9:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes i forget what it is called, you never had to hold something all day the way you hold your baby and it does make your wrists hurt.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had the carpal tunnel area become a problem when my dd started getting heavy and I was holding her on the same side all the time. Also, my keyboard at work... So I got a new keyboard and encouraged dd to walk as much as possible and I feel much better now. What the doc said to do was to use a brace at night (not during the day as that can actually weakend the wrist more) and to take alieve or ibuprofen. Not sure if that's reasonabe to take the meds if breastfeeding still. Talk to your doc. If they are really bad, you may need to wear the braces during the day until the pain subsides or there could be other reasons for it.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have the same thing. My joints ache so bad. Even to blow dry my hair my wrist almost give out. I think it's something to do with the pregnancy taking away some of your calcium. BenGay really helps me.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had really bad carpal tunnel when I was pregnant..to the point I couldn't hold a pen to sign anything..but it went away within a couple weeks after I had my son. But now I'm noticing that it's coming back, mostly in my palms and my thumbs. Whenever I use a stapler I get a shooting pain in my hand...ouch!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i had bad carpal tunnel while pregnant but it went away on its own and never came back. I didnt have a remedy for it, just a good massage!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009