artificial feeding

who came up w/ this term, artificial feeding? i'm pretty sure it was made up by a breastfeeding/anti-formula mother, but just curious who? who decided that children who are not breastfed are "artificially" fed? i'm not interested in WHY someone thinks the term is okay, i want to know who came up with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe the World Health Organization came up with it...not a mom...but it is what it is.

Artificial sweeteners, artificial insemination...artificial anything...it just isn't something that is naturally occurring.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yeah so I now want to know who decided that unless you have a completely drug free, at home, assisted by noone birth it is not natural?
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i wasnt aware of having to have a homebirth = only way to be 'natual' ...
    for me, natural means laboring without any drugs..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Well it IS artificial feeding. It's imitation breast milk (formula), imitation milk ducts (bottle), and imitation nipple/areola (rubber or silicone).

I think the term "breastfeeding nazi" is WAY worse than "artificial feeder".
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

Well put sk tennyson! lol Literally it is an artificial food, but whatever your choice is, doesn't make you a bad parent.

bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 10:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• ??? How is it artificial?? Is soy milk aritificial because its not cows milk?
    Of course I mom didnt come up with it, only a moron who doesnt know what it is to be a mom would come up with it. OOOOh the World Health Organization!!!!! Arent most of them a bunch of hippies anyways? who the hell cares lol
    Anonymous

• Its not artificial. And if it is the term used, oh well. Then I am artificially feeding my baby and lovin it!
    Anonymous

• hehe Breastfeeding Natzi...I love it! Slowly they will be taking over to rule the world!! But truth is they are outnumbered for sure, not gonna happen lol
    Anonymous