Why is it so many women don't get along with teir mother in laws?

I really had a geat relationship with my mother in law till she past away 4 years ago. I loved her. She taught me so much. When I needed something, she was always there for me. I don't understand how so many women can't get along with there mother in laws. I think "some" of these women just don't try to get along with them. I don't get it! We'll all be mother in laws some day.
What kind of mother in law are you going to be? Do you get along with yours now?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some of these answers are funny, lol. I get along with my MIL for the most part. We definately have different parenting styles, and ideas on how to raise kids. I respect hers, and she has done well of respecting mine for now. I don't knwo what the future will bring though. Hopefully we can continue to exsist in peace, lol. For the sake of my son, and husband! Now my SIL. She's just a crazy bitch. No other way to say it. :)
    katie-rose22

Answer by katie-rose22 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My MIL is a bitch. She treats her son like crap and tries to control everything. She used to come over uninvited and walk into my house and tell me what a horrible wife I was. She would tell him don't ever get that girl pregnant and all kinds of stuff. She never called me by my name and even told my husband no one cares your in the army or going to iraq, we will never be proud of you so get over it. Needless to say we haven't seen or spoken to her in over 4 years. She has no idea what our child looks like, what her name is or where we live and life is a lot better without her.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Didn't you ask this a few days ago?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• As for what kind I will be, I will support my child no matter who or what they choose. Once they are grown its their life and I will always be there for them, or their spouse and children. I hope to be like my mother, accepting and understanding to both my child and their partner.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I can't answer that. I never even had the opportunity to know mine. She passed away when my hubby was eighteen.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Plain and simple my MIL AND SIL are both unbearable bitches. I just told hubby this last night. I told him I have no idea how his dad and brother are so normal but his sister is a stuck up bitch and his mom is nuts. Both unbearable. Count your blessings girl. I'd give anything to get along with them.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My inlaws and I are civil to one another. That's it, we are this way for the sake of my husband. We were never close and when I got pregnant right out of high school (we had been together for 3 years prior) they blamed me and suggested an abortion. But that's just a small slice of the pie....that's my step MIL and father in law. My husbands mom and I get along wonderfully and I love her to death and our 3 kids adore her as well. She has always been super supportive of us and our decisions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I love my MIL too. We get along for the most part and laugh and joke together but she can butt in where she's not wanted. Has said comments to my husband about me and stuff regarding us ever since I met her 17 years ago. I hope I'm not like that when my sons marry. As long as I see that their wives are good women and take care of their kids I won't butt in. Little stuff is so stupid. I mean if you have a daughter-in-law who is a drug addict and neglects the kids then butt in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Hey Anon...No I didn't ask this a few days ago. But, thanks for trying to keep tabs on my post! lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Well this same question was asked a few days ago, I wasn't sure if it was yours or not. Thats all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2009