Do you think there should be a money limit on how much a candidate can spend on campaigning for office?

Like $XXX (amount) to campaign for governors of states, $YYY for Senators, and $ZZZ for POTUS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• IMO the amount of spending should be limited to the amount of potential earnings of the term. This is across the board; if you make $2000 a year as dog catcher, term is 4 years, spending is limited to $8000. If running for president, $250,000 a year for 4 years then election spending should be limited to $1,000,000. In my opinion this would insure that each person would have a equql chance at office,and the canidates would have to be able to get his/her message and platform across once, instead of changing it to suit audiance. Also it would by necessity limit campaign to a very short time period.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 11:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• No. If people donate their own money for the cause and they are able to do fundraising, I don't see why there should be a limit.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Absolutely NO.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Nope. I think they should be able to spend as much as they can raise from private donors. Although, I wish that corporate funds would be limited. That seems to lead to corruption...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009