The Doctor told me that the placenta is not where it should be (on the side). Have a doctor told you if so how did everything turn out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• On the side? It is just fine being on the side, please dont let him talk you into a c-section for that, as long as it isnt covering the cervix it is fine. Lots of people have them on the side. Sounds like he is trying to talk you into a c-section, dont do it for that reason, or find another Dr and a second opinion. What a crack, on the side placenta, tell him to shove it. Mine has been on the side for the last 2 babies and I delivered them just fine, and they were both over 9 pounds too!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:41 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Is it covering your cervix? Because if so,you'll need a c section.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Mine was covering the cervix but moved before i delivered. I agree don't let ppl talk you into a c-sec. If it is just on the side and the doc didn''t semed concerd i wouldn't be.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Where is it lol? Generally the only time to worry is if it has been covering the cervical opening. It can be in front/behind/to the side of the baby and it wont cause issues, generally speaking.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:48 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had a Partial Placenta Previa, which is where the palcenta is down and partially covering the cervix, if it does not move before you go in to labor you will need a c-section. It can cause hemoragging if you try a natural birth, just ask questions, and make sure you feel comfortable with the doctor. If NOT always get a second opinion.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 10:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It is covering my cervical and this is baby # 4 and I do not know what to do cause I do not want a c-section. They told me not to have sex for a month cause it may make me bleed. I'm just 25 weeks and no one I know had this and what to see if anyone one here had it and what they do.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 11:27 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Ah, ok. :) I had a previa that cleared up on it's own. I am 34 1/2 weeks now and no previa in sight. 90 percent of them do clear up on their own, so I really wouldn't freak out about it yet, there is plenty of time for the uterus to push it out of the way. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I just found out that I have an anterior placenta this time around. Instead of attaching to the back of the uterus, it is on the front against my belly. Baby is playing hide and seek with it. Drs are not worried about it. It just make hearing the heartbeat by doppler harder and you may have a tougher time feeling those earlier kicks.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2009