Moms who had 2 kids within 2 yrs...(pioc)

My baby is almost 4 months old, and we're considering having another. How did having 2 babies within 2 yrs of each other affect you or your life, positively or negatively? Is the second pregnancy easier or harder? How did the first child take everything with the new baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my second son about 2 months ago on my first son's first birthday. I love it, I think it's great. It definitely takes some adjustment. The second pregnancy was a little harder for me, but only in the fact that I spent half of it stressed out. I breastfed my first and it caused me to experience bad cramping, I'd had preterm labor with my first, so this had me worried about miscarrying or having pre-term labor again. I ultimately had to stop breastfeeding my first because of the cramping when I was about 20 weeks along, and I was all good from there. My first adjusted really well to his new brother. He was a little clingy for about a day and a half, but now he's all about brother, wanting to give him kisses and just being all over him. We actually have to keep a close eye on him because he doesn't understand that he can't just crawl all over his baby brother like he can an adult, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:10 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my son is 4 yrs old today...my daughter will be 2 in october...when my daughter was born my son really liked to help me do things with the baby and he was a really big help! but mine are a little older than you are talking about...it is really up to how much stress you can take and how tollerant you are with kids...good luck in whatever decision you and your man make:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have a 6 m/o and am almost 10 weeks pregnant. I can't tell you how it is to handle 2 kids, but this pregnancy has been a lot easier (I still feel crappy, but not AS crappy). We didn't plan it, but since it happened I feel so good about it and I know it's the right time for another little precious spirit to come to our home.

My sister had 3 in 3, it was hard for her then but now she has a 14, 13 and 12 year girls and they are best friends. It's nice for me too, to have so many options for a babysitter.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2009