Do you think that only private people should be able to donate to election campaigns, not corporations or unions, etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I find it bizzarre that a leader of AIG sent out an email to his employees to donate to Chris Dodd's campaign and Chris Dodd was the one who allowed for the bonus amendment in the Stimulus... But of course no one read the stimulus and the Dems still voted for it.... figures...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• No, I think corporations and unions should be able to contribute, but a limited amount. And that amount could be pretty high, but I don't think it's right if a certain corporation contributes, say a million dollars, to a campaign...

I don't know, there may already be limits on the amount that a business or group can contribute.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• There are limits as to how much you can contribute to a campaign, however larger groups get around this by supporting a campaign, like making their own adds in favor of their candidate (like the unions did for Obama).

I was not for Obama, but I am for free market enterprise and I think that groups and individuals should be able to decide how and where to spend their money. Not to have government decide for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I think that anyone should put their money where they see fit - individuals, corporations, unions, the whole lot of them. That's one of the things our country was founded on.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• it depends on if they are giving money because they believe that someone is a good candidate or if they are giving them money to get their agenda passed by this person while they are in office.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009