Moms who had 2 kids within 2 yrs...(pioc)

My baby is almost 4 months old, and we're considering having another. How did having 2 babies within 2 yrs of each other affect you or your life, positively or negatively? Is the second pregnancy easier or harder? How did the first child take everything with the new baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had my first 2 children 13 months apart. It was a little challenging at first, but once I got into a routine it went well. My first 2 are very close, and play together very well.
    My second pregnancy went well. There were no major complications. I did end up having 2 Csections. The first one I labored for 27 hours and was not progressing, so they ended up sectioning me, my 2nd was so close that we felt it was best to do a section since I had such a hard time the first time around.
    I would not have done it any other way. We are now expecting our 3rd (section scheduled for Friday) and it has produced its own set of "experiences". My older kids are very excited, but we will see how it is once that baby comes home. They are now almost 2 and 3.
    Best of luck with your decision, it is great either way.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Mine are just over 2 years apart and I wouldn't have it any other way. Of course having 2 in diapers is a challenge all in itself LOL. My first had some issues when I brought the second home, she bit him on the forehead once and tried to stick raisins up his nose but it's all good.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had my last two daughters 18 months apart.I thought it was great they are very close and loving. Too young for sibling rivalry and are into the same things at the same time. They even had their own language. I was pretty tired at first but I think it's great that they will be so close in school and have the same circle of friends and watch out for each other. One is 4 and the other is 5 and they are best friends.

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My first 2 are 15 months apart and I like it. The 2nd pregnancy wasn't bad until the last couple months when my legs swelled so bad I had to pretty much be on bed rest to keep the swelling down so my oldest was mostly on her own. Luckily she is very independent child and didn't mind. Then my son had colic and reflux which made the first few months after he was born rough but it got better after that. Of course, by then I was already pregnant with our 3rd. The older two got along great. They were best friends from the moment he was born and we never had any problems of jealousy between them. They are 8 and 7 now and fight but still do almost everything together. They even share a room (along with their 6yo sister). I wouldn't do it any other way...even with the 3 in diapers and all that, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:28 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Mine youngest two are 18 months apart. Mark the older one was very helpful. He would get a diaper or put the dirties in the trash or get other things while I was tending the baby. He now sings to his baby to sooth him. I have a nine year old too and he always asked for a baby when he was little because he wanted a friend at home.
    I feel he got ripped off because he was an only child for so long.
    I was tired when Patrick came along. It is only now that Patrick is a year that I am finally starting to feel like myself and not a zombie, but I wouldn't change it.
    My little sister and I are close in age and she is still my best friend. I am sure that Mark and Patrick will be close their whole life too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my oldest 2 are 1 year and 10 days apart (unplanned!), but I would do it all again. We didn't have any jealousy or anything like that. It was tough when the oldest was at the age of getting into everything and trying to nurse a baby, but you adjust and figure out how to do things. They are now 4 &5 and play together so well. I have 4 boys and the second and third are 20 mo apart-I like this distance too. 3 and 4 are 23 months. If #4 had been planned I would have planned him closer to the 1yr apart age difference. It has it's challenges, but each age difference does. I love having the older 2 a year apart. I would absolutely do it all again! They are the best of friends and play together really well even though they are total opposites in personality.
    cbx3mom

Answer by cbx3mom at 11:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My 2 youngest are 13 months apart, birthdays are 09/05/02 and 10/05/03... When I was pregnant with my last son I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown just thinking about it... But now I wouldn't change a thing.. My 6 and 12 yr old fight more than the 5 and 6 yr old.. They are so close and are best friends. My 6 yr old told his little brother that when he starts school he will help him so he won't get lost at school... Our 12 yr old and 5 yr old get along great, never fight etc.. So who knows... All I do know is I love having 3 boys...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I did it for me my daughter was a very hard pregnancy and my second wasnt that bad as far as morning sickness but i was very tierd all the time (she was 8 months old when i got pregnant with #2) I would wait honestly have some time with the first for a bit its better for your body as well. I was months old when my mom got preggers with my brother she said it was extremly hard. JMO wait.
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My first 2 are 19 months apart, 10 and 12 now. I had 2 very normal pregnancies, but the second pregnancy was easier because I didn't have time to worry about every little ache and pain when I had a toddler to take care of. I admit, it was tough and tiring when they were little, but it was fun!! They got along beautifully until around the ages of 6-8. They have fought horribly ever since! But at the same time they are very close, ya know? I liked having them close.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009