Pregnancy Rhinitis

I think I have pregnancy rhinitis and it has lead to an ear infection in both my ears. It is sometimes painful, especially when I go to bed. It is harder for me to sleep now and when I finally fall asleep I would wake up a few hours later (usually around 4am). This is taking away from my sleep, and I would like to know what can I do about it? Any advice?

youngmom3525

Asked by youngmom3525 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get an antibiotic. There are antibiotics that are defiantly safe to take while pregnant. Good luck
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 11:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I don't want to take antibiotics because I've read that they can cause a yeast infection.
    youngmom3525

Answer by youngmom3525 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Try Breathe Right nose strips, Saline nose drops, or Vicks...worked for me!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• To counteract a yeast infection, eat yogurt everyday while taking the antibiotic. Yogurt has a natural bacteria in it that greatly reduces the chances of a yeast infection. Besides, even if you do get a yeast infection, those are completely treatable with over the counter cremes that are completely safe during pregnancy. Or you doctor can prescribe you something.
    Good luck!
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2009