how to help my son with growing up bc He is my first son and i am clueliss about him

I just some adive about what 2 expect at 2 with him? what I should look for and help him in development and emontal parts and what i can do to help him. and potty train him

dragon913

Asked by dragon913 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What do you need to know? Boys are different than girls, but all kids need love and guidance. Is there something specific that you need help with?
    For potty training, follow his cues and teach him when he is ready. At 2....he isn't ready yet.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:32 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• you can find help in groups about toddlers like All about Toddlers or finding a group for the month and year your son was born. example, if your son was born april 3rd of 2005, you would search for April 2005. there are also groups all about boys as well!

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:33 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My mom used a an old douche bottle to potty train my brother. She would hide it and then show him what to do. At first he will be sitting and you can show him and tell him how to sit on the potty. Once you tackle standing then use a bottle to show him how to point and aim. Just be his mother, do what you feel is right. Love him and teach him respect, kindness, love, caring and all the parts he needs in life. Give him rules and discipline and teach him how to treat women from a young age.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• At 2 he's going to want to drive. lol no kidding. ...but give him some control. give him choices. take out a few outfits. 2 or 3 and let him choose which one he wants to wear that day. Give him choices for breakfast "would you like eggs, oatmeal, or cereal?" This lets him gain some control which will inturn reduce the tantrums you may encounter. AND teaches him how to make his own choices and be comfertable with his choices. ...Do this with as much stuff as you can. Even with discipline issues or negotiating. Chilren want to feel like they are in control. ...so if he doesnt want to brush his teeth say "You need to brush your teeth or i will brush them for you." he now has a choice. And even if he decided that you are going to brush his teeth this time, i guarantee that most of the time HE is going to want to do it. Also, dont give into his tantrums. i repeat, DONT give into his tantrums. Consitancy is key. ...pm if you want.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• chrystg. how can you say he's not ready at 2yo? my son was finished with potty training at 2years and 3 months old. each kid is different. and if she follows his cues there is a good chance he is showing signs at 2yo.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• outstandingLove.....I think that's awesome that your son trained so early! From my experiences with the 20+ kids that I've helped train, I have never met a boy that was ready that early.....girls, yes but not boys!
    I went to her profile and saw that he was 22 months old. I didin't want her to get discouraged and try to push him into something....That only makes it worse!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I found this book to be WONDERFUL...
    I'm Two-Years Old
    It talks about different issues from the child's point of view, explaining why they do the weird things they do and how you can help him cope. It's my favoirte "2 year old" book since it reminds me to think about things from my daughter's point of view.
    As for potty training, I think the easiest way is to take him every hour until he "gets it".  Don't expect him to tell you he has to go for a couple of years - he may do so one day and not the next, that's normal.  Once he "gets it", simply keep an eye on him and make sure he goes every 3 hours or when he starts to squirm.  Skip pullups except for special situations (no bathrooms nearby, nighttime, etc). 

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• first off most start training about 2 for the potty, when they are telling you they pooped and are talking I believe that is a time to start....but everyone potty trains and different times. Some say boys are slower blah blah blah, but I have seen many slower girls as well so I think that's a crock. Treat him the way you want to be treated, teach his respect, cleaning up etc. Follow through and always give choices.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009