What do you buy for a Mom that is turning 60yrs?

My mother is going to be 60 in a few weeks and I need some ideas! Please help!!

NvySue

Asked by NvySue at 11:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Shopping

• A gift certificate for a nice massage or day at a spa?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• depends how much you like her. if you want to give her a heart attack, buy her a bondage blow up doll and a vibrator.

if she is physically deteriorating get her one of those claws at the end of the stick so she doesn't have to bend over to pick things up. also a nice brunch with her family would be nice. =)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol mythicmmm my mom would freak. Im the kind of person who likes to make stuff maybe a photo album of pics of her of her life this far. My dad turned 60 last year and his favorite gift was an album like that his sister made.
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I forgot to mention that she is in a different state then I am so I'm trying to put together a package for her
    NvySue

Answer by NvySue at 11:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• That all depends on your budget. Since you are a crafty person you could go with the photo album/scrap book idea. My son is stationed in Japan and from time to time we send him a cd of pictures of family and friends set to music. He loves them.
    Another thought is to send her to a community play. All you have to do is google her home town and theatre---select the play---buy tickets on line and usually they will hold them for her at the box office. Tuck in a gift certificate to a restaurant close by and you have given her (and maybe a friend) a night out on the town.
    Mamabearisback

Answer by Mamabearisback at 12:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I agree with doing a scrapbook, or if she wears perfume, get her a giftset of her favorite scent.
    My mom loves Candles so i always get her some candles and she always likes those collectable plates. hmmm..i cant think of anything else since I dont personally know your mom, but good luck!
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• get her some of her favorite oldies
    savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 9:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• recently, the obama family gave the queen a gift, an ipod with stored video and songs... is she trainable to use one?

savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 9:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I've done a lot of gift sets for 60th birthdays through Avon. If you want to make a gift basket I'll give you free shipping from my webstore www.youravon.com/dhullum Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Is she 60 years young or 60 years old? Anything that would make her feel younger. The spa thing, but for the two of you together. Make it a mother daughter day.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2009