American Idol/Simon leaving

Would you still watch American Idol if Simon left?...(He stated he may be leaving next year)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• He won't leave. It will be very dull if he leaves, but I will still watch it most likely. Depends who they replace him with.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• simon is the one that makes it more interesting...everyone always wants to hear his input. he tells it like it is, while the others are too afraid to, and sugarcoat it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have only ever seen 5 episodes total. They reason I quit watching was Simon. He's a pompous, self important jerk. You can critique a performance without crude, nasty and inappropriate remarks.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i think it went downhill a few years ago, and i caught one episode this season and i didnt like the four judges thing. simon is the really a ratings person so if he left i think it would be dead.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i agree with the others. I think it would be dull if he left, and if the new judge tried to be like him, or wasnt as strict as he was or if they possible left it with the three remaining judges, it just wouldnt be as good. I wasnt into it this year. the only year I watched was last year because we only had an antenna and fox was the clearest station LOL.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I couldn't watch it my gosh we all know he is a a-hole....but cmon he makes the show interesting. Regardless I HIGHLY doubt he will leave Idol.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• they would have to find someone that could pull ratings like he does. love him or hate him, he's absolutely right the vast majority of the time. being in music business, most people just need to be told that they are never going to have a career. it's just a fact and actually much kinder than letting them think they have a shot. the music business can end any hope of another life if someone continues to pursue it to the exclusion of all else. simon, or someone like him, should stay.
    sassbott_5000

Answer by sassbott_5000 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2009