More blood work?

i went to my OBGYN friday and gave them blood they called me today and my HCG level is 1,675 . they want me to come back tomorrow for more blood work. to make sure its still going up. why is this?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 11:44 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they must be low...just making sure that they go up....how far along are u?
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i have no idea yet?
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 11:46 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Your HCG levels should be at a certain level depending on how far along you are. They are probably retesting to see if the levels are changing or if they got a bad sample.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It is unlikely that they got a "bad sample"....that would have nothing to do with them making sure that the hormone level is still going up... ( I know- i work in a lab)

Some doctors do this just as routine work to make sure that you are progressing the way you should. Some doctors do it in the event that you are cramping or having bleeding, to make sure you aren't miscarrying.

The only way to know for sure why he wants to check your HCG again is to ask him. Ask him if he routinely does this with his patients, or if he has specific concerns that he is looking at. You have the right to know.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2009