this is NOT for fun........

...... but I didn't know where to post it. A family member killed himself last week, my dh's cousin. I do not know dh's family very well, and only met this cousin once. I've not yet met his parents. I am usually good with words, but right now I'm at a loss for what to write. I'm sending a sympathy card and want to write a comment on the obituary (in the newspaper, you can leave comments for the family). Can someone please help me out? What would be the appropriate thing to say under these circumstances? Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, after having experienced this for myself a few years back, just know that it is the most devastating thing to have happened. Simply state that your thoughts and support are there for them. If they need anything, to feel free to contact you.

Unfortunately, that is all you can do for them.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Maybe that you wish you could have met him, your sorry for there loss, and that if they need anything your there for them, I think that offering something oike help is the best way to go even if they don't want it it's appreciated.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:52 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• im sorry to hear that. just say something lik although i didnt know him well, he was a part of my family. it is sad to se him gone but i know he will be in a better place. his loss is a tradgety and my condolenses are with his family.
    im bnot so good at that...my dad died when i was preggo so i kinda get a loss for words with that stuff too
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• The exact same thing happened to a relative a few months ago. I just expressed sorrow and said I would call (and I have been) and that x's pain has stopped and God is giving comfort to the deceased. To commit suicide there is definite pain for a long time ahead of time. My condolences to your family. If there's immediate survivors of the deceased, can you offer up phone calls or something else so they know they're not alone for ever now and also beyond this? I understand your sorrow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2009