What can I do to speed up me going into labor besides....

Having intercourse, walking & swimming???is there anything else that I may not know about that really helps your labor come faster then 40 weeks???

barbiejo2009

Asked by barbiejo2009 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If 40 weeks is the norm and the actual end, then why would you want it unaturally sooner?
    Anonymous

• well after 37 weeks ur ok. but would wait till ur 40. its better for the baby. but walking just speeds up labor doesnt make u go into it. same with swimming. plus its not good because the bacteria can get in there and cause infection. having an orgasm will do it tho. not just havin sex. i would ask the dr about it first tho.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• anon that really didn't help she is asking a question not trying to be bashed....i hate when people respond anon because they don't have the balls to stand up and let people see who they are!!!!

anywho you can have the doc strip your membranes, or try castor oil...nipple stimulation helps alot!!!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Many of us got anxious to have it be over with and get the baby out but the only thing I know is walking. That's what they make you do at the hospital. They don't tell you to swim or have sex, they tell you to walk....and make you walk around the halls or send you home. So walk in place if you can't get outside. Walk around the room, whatever, just walk.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Nothing, not even walking, sex and the like will send you into labor untill you are ready too. Everything has side effects if you arent ready to labor, and even pitocin which will help you have contractions will lead the way to a cesarean if your body doesnt cooperate. Just wait, it is easier that way anyway.
    Anonymous

• sorry but I have to laugh not at all about first poster but cause of what happened to me, I was due May 18 at 40 weeks and delivered June 5. Not a comfy time. Not too many moms deliver as late as I did. One of my obs was really shocked that while he was on vacation returning June 4, that the others didn't take the baby being so late. Fortunately baby was just perfect and worth the wait. I did the walks and stuff. Baby comes when baby wants unless doc feels otherwise. If you health is good and your highly anxious for the discomfort to end, that's actually good news. It'll all be over, it will!!
    Anonymous

• Pedicures. Your feet as well as hands have pressure points. There is a pressure point on your ankle that if you have it rubbed can cause you to go into labor. Me only being 23 weeks. They will not rub my ankles when I get a pedicure. I think you have to be 38 weeks before they will even touch your ankles when pregnant past 13 weeks. Hope that helps. Its worth a try.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 12:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Rasberry leaf tea, pressure points, black and blus cohosh, castor oil, nipple stim. Buc check with your Dr first, as some of these had side effects and tthe Dr needs to know you are doing them ahead of time in case you do have side effects so they can know what is going on and not have to guess.

I tried everything above, plus all the walking, sex, I even jumped on a damn trampoline at 41 weeks for an hour, and nothing, if your body isnt ready baby wont come, period.
    Anonymous

• I've always heard the "Leave it To Beaver" walk works, where you walk with one foot on the curb and one foot on off. I never tried it, but one of my friends always went into labor that way with all 3 of her pregnancies.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I have heard about the pressure point thing. But I didn't know it was on your ankle. When I got pregnant with my first I had a massage and the person was careful because I was so early on in my pregnancy.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009