What do I do if my sons eye got poked

I accidently poked my 2 year old in his eye this morning with my fingernail.He wont stop crying and he won't let me touch or open it to see if it is ok.He keeps rubbing it.It is puffy.Should I take him to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• Yes,. If your nail touched the eye and it has been a while and he is still complaining it hurts or it is watery. There is a chance the cornea was scratched. I quick look with a slit lamp will tell easily.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• if he wont let you open it AT ALL then yes I would at least call, If you can even get a small peek though and see that the color of the eye is not cut or bleeding then it should be fine, even if there is a red part on the white of the eye it is okay. But if it is red like a cut or bleed on the color or the iris then take him in. Untill then just get a really cold rag and hold it over his eye, that should help with the swelling and the pain a bit. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009