Does anyone else enjoy being a single mom?

I have heard a lot of posts about women saying that it hard and a lot of drama about broken families and child support and what not. but really does anyone else love being a single mom?I have recently become a single mother of two young boys and could not be happier. I come home to my own space, do things the way I want them done and spend all of my energy on my self and my children. yeah I work hard, but I worked just as hard being a SAHM. The broken family is hard too, but not as painful as the fighting and the despair. The boys will recover as long as we still love them. so is anyone else out there with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am very happy to hear that you feel this way. This is a wonderful uplifting way to be. Being a single mom can be a wonderful, free thing. But, like you, women need to see the beauty of it, the freedom it brings, without the need for a man in our lives. I think you should write a journal about how happy you are and how much you are enjoying your freedom, to give others a positive view of their lives.

Thanks for sharing!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I preferred being a single mom. It was much easier on me. I could plan and budget and the disagreeing on everything was gone. It was a much more pleasant experience than being married to my kids' dad.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Hardest thing I have ever done. He is a dead beat who never paid child support. I had to work two jobs while going to school. I can look back now and feel proud but I don't think I would ever go back to that. I dated some nice men and it was nice to be wined and dined and not have to put up with "man shit" when I didn't feel like it however, it is nice to have sex on a regular basis and know if my car breaks down I have someone to call.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I love being a single mom, but I have nothing to compare it to, so I just love being a mom, single or otherwise. To date, its the best thing that's happened in my life. No complaints here!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i love love LOVE being a single mom...yaa i would like to get married one day and have more kids..maybe with a guy i actually like..lol..but..for right now, im happy..theres no way i could be with my daughters dad, hes such an idiot! therefore yes i love being a single mom
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• While it is a struggle to be a single mom, I love doing it. I don't have anyone other than my son to deal with. I make all the decisions. I get all the credit and all the love. I don't think I would do it any other way. I am close with my son and we enjoy it being just the 2 of us.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I love it! I get my litle girl all to myself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009