what is an air marshal?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They are like airline police.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• A well trained individual, usually in the military or almost to retirement stage with the military, who boards planes with regular passengers to ensure that there is not anybody bringing hostility to the environment. Most air marshalls carry a case such as an organ donation case or hard silver box with classfied information. They also board planes with suspected criminal violaters, or major drug dealers to see what's their routines.

My moms neighbor was an air marshal and you would have never guessed. Coincidentally, I sat next to him on a plane from New Orleans to Scottsdale about 6 months ago and it was then that showed me his air marshall paperwork.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 12:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Some are prior military but being in the military is not required. I don't think there's an active duty civilian air marshal MOS. They usually try to blend in & look like a regular passenger. They are there to ensure safety and protect crew & passengers from acts of terrorism.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009