IM GETTIN AN ULTRASOUND WED I BE 14 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS WILL I BE ABLE TO TELL THE SEX OF THE BABY?

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW COULD I HAVE A POSSIBILITY NOW

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's a very slim chance but it's possible
    Anonymous

• They could guess, but it wouldn't be accurate until closer to 19 weeks.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• The sex of the baby does not generally finish developing until 13 weeks, and is generally not visible until 16-18 weeks or more. Any earlier could be a faulty result. Example, my best friend was told at 14 weeks she was having a boy. It wasn't until her 22 week appointment, the day BEFORE the big BLUE babyshower, that we found out it was a girl. They had checked too early and my Goddaughter still had what was called the "indifferent penis" (what all babies have) which is a penis with a vaginal opening in it. When it's time, it will either shrink and become a vagina, or the hole will close and it will become a penis. I think it's safe to say you should wait this one out.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Possibly but more than likely no. They usually wait until 18 to 20 weeks if not longer.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i think they can if they try you can ask,i had my u/s at 16 weeks and they told me it was a boy
    Anonymous

• My friend had an u/s at 14wks and you could tell it was a boy! Still all boy at 28wks today! :)
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 3:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009