What do you think the perfect weight is to be when you get pregnant?

I have had two miscarriages, and I am overweight, but the Dr said that was only a part of it.. That some women who are overweight have very healthy pregnancies.. But what is a really good weight to be at to get pregnant? I can't go through another miscarriage again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• depends on how tall you are
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• It depends on you and your height. There is a height chart that you can get your ideal weight from - but if your doctor is willing to tell you that much, he should have also shared the chart with you.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• a good weight would b wut ever is healthy for ur age and height. im 16, im 5'6 a healthy weight would b 110-120. talk to ur dr about it and develope a good exercise plan and eating plan. when u r healthier u can hav children easier and an easier labor.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Will you message me, you are posting anon, so I cant message you.

But to answer your question, I think it is just whatever is healthy for you. Check out a body mass index chart and see hwere you fall. I am over weight and it has not effected any of my pregnancies, I have had 3 miscarriages too, but not because of weight. Ask your Dr to do testing, check your thyroid levels, and also progesterone levels. Thats what my problem was, progesterone. It was a simple fix, had to take suppositories for te first 12 weeks, and am having 2 healthy kids because of it. Dont give up, but ask your Dr to do some testing. Alot will wait untill you have lost 3 babies before they wil test, but you can always ask and get another Dr if they wont.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• http://phaster.com/unpretentious/bmi.html

The chart is about 1/2 way down the page
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Depends on how tall you are and your build, your genetic makeup really. Overweight women tend to have a higher percentage of miscarrying, but it's such a tiny bit difference it doesn't really matter that much. I'm overweight and have had 3 miscarriages. Since I had a daughter before, my weight wasn't the issue. It was my hormone production while I was pregnant.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 12:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Depends on your height. I am currently trying to conceive and I'm 138 lbs 5'5 I think I weight to much right now to be getting pregnant so I am working on getting down to at least 125lbs so I dont weight a lot when I do get pregnant or after I have the baby I dont have a lot of weight to lose.
    Anonymous

• 5365 lbs
    Anonymous

• From what I understand being overweight is not the problem. My sister had 2 miscarriages and she was thin. She did get pregnant finally and gave birth to a healthy son. Dont give up.
    surferwifeof3

Answer by surferwifeof3 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009