Help! What would you do?? long ;)

I live in Albuquerque NM and we are driving to Colorado Springs CO for my cousins wedding this weekend (a 6 hour drive). Well we got a call from my cousins parents saying the BRIDE (my cousin is the groom by the way) doesn't want babies at the wedding OR the reception. My grandma has colon cancer and might not make it too much longer and really wants all the family there and wants a family picture. I guess the bride was throwing a little fit about my daughter who is 4 months old coming to the wedding and ruining it. They made a "compromise" and said my daughter could only come to the reception AFTER everyone eats and the speaches are over and after all the first dance stuff. I'm so upset about this we are coming from out of town to their wedding and we can only come to the end of the reception. The only reason I would still go is for my grandma and my family members who havent met my daughter yet. Should i even go at all?

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would go visit grandma and the tell the bride to kiss my Ass! Obviously she is concerned only for her self. Its one thing to want the perfect wedding but dont be totally selfish!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, what Anon said. I totally don't agree with weddings that don't allow children, but that's just me. But yeah I agree, go to visit grandma, but don't go to the wedding, that's what I would do.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 12:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't attend the wedding at all then. I would make plans with the grandma/family only. But keep in mind the bride may not be aware of your intentions to see you Gma too.
    Anonymous

• This is funny! I'm in the same situation. I have a seven year old that's in a wedding and I also have 5 year old twins. They are not invited but my 7 year old can come. COme on! They are children. I think they should be worried about the alcoholics they have coming to the wedding to ruin it and not my children. They are not rambunctious at all but... Their wedding so what am I to say.???
    tee20747

Answer by tee20747 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Personally I agree with Wademom, however I'm a bitch so I would go to the whole wedding and tell the bitch she should have told everyone no kids in the invitation so you could make arrangements prior to now.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If the wedding is at a church, then they have a nursery...ask you cousin to recommend a teenager that can keep your son during the service.
    My sister didn't want babies crying during her wedding.....which I think is understandable.....so we had a teen from the church watch the little ones. But, what's the big deal about the reception???? SHE just deosn't want someone else geting the attention? Receptions are about fun, not serious!
    Can you seat yourself towards the back (during the reception) so you can step out if the baby cries during a toast or a speech or a dance?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yeah I could sit in the back at the reception but she doesn't even want me to do that. I have to wait outside until all the "improtant stuff" is over. Ugh she makes me so mad! Also the wedding doesn't even start until 5:45 then they have to do pics so who knows what time it will be when I'm actually aloud in!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I didn't want babies at my wedding for the same reason, but I realized the only people who would bring their kids (because they couldn't find sitters) where the kind of people who would rush a crying child away so they wouldn't interfere. I'd be hurt that your cousin doesn't trust you. There was a little baby and a toddler at my wedding and I never would have noticed them. I bet once you get there and the family sees the baby, they will bring daughter in and then the bride won't be able to say anything. :) I brought my dd to my brothers rehersal and the brides family wanted me to bring her back the next day! :) But I left her with a friend since I was staying hte night with the bride the night before the wedding. Hang in there, people do wierd things when their wedding is concern. They forget, it's just a ceremoy and all that matters is they had fun.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'll bet that even though she is being difficult now, she won't really even care once the wedding is over. Chances are, she won't notice you stting in the back because she will be so caught up in herself.
    I would go and find someone to help during the service, but bring the baby to the reception anyway.....Just be sure to tell all the "older ladies" that you and your newborn baby will be standing outside in the freezing cold until the first dance is over...LOL!!! ~~ They'll take care of her for you =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If it's that late I wouldn't take my child anyways... that's just me though. I still say if you are going to keep your child out late anyways... I would go to it all and tell her she should have made it known in the invitations no children were allowed.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009