Addicted to video games?

My 8 year old is completely addicted to video games. That's all he talks about. All he does, or wants to do.. He doesn't play before school, and after school, he comes home and eats dinner, and does home work, and his making really good grades, so I don't want to take them from him.. And they aren't causing a problem, YET.. but anyone elses kids addicted to them? How do you sway them to something else ? Or have an equal balance of those and other things? He's not interested in sports or anything like that either

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If he's addicted then it IS causing a problem. Limit the time he spends playing video games. Video games are a "treat" not a right. Undo this now before it gets out of control. Best of luck to you.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I agree.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Hey my 5yr old is to.. I just give him limtis on how long he can play.. he has to do chores, eat all his dinner, help me with things.. I dont know what they are talking about "IS" they are little boys thats what they do.. I say when summer gets here, make him go outside, and crap.. I wouldnt worry.. Im not..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I would limit his use and get him involved with other things. At this age I don't think that they should only be interested in video games. The more you expose them to the more they will absorb. They are like sponges. He needs to be engaged in different things.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You are letting him live this way. It's up to you to change it or else he will continue to live off of video games. You have to limit his use per day.

We give our kids one hour per day of video games and that's it. Our kids now play more outdoors, with our dog, with their other animals, with other children and play together because they're not stuck in front of a video screen by themselves. It's up to YOU.
    surferwifeof3

Answer by surferwifeof3 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If you feel it is a problem then be the parent and turn the damn thing off........get him out of the house and engaged in other activities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on May. 11, 2009