What should I do my boyfriend abuses me in front of our 3 month old daughter

but I never had the courage to leave him...... I Love him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• LEAVE, what is more important, your feelings for him or your child's safety and yours?

Anonymous

• Don't ask a stupid question to which you ALREADY know the answer! If he's abusing you, LEAVE ASAP! There is no ifs ands or buts about it. Newsflash- if he's abusing you- HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU. You better find the courage to leave him before someone has the courage to report the abuse and take your daughter away.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Leave his ass!! Its not gonna get any better. TRUST. Or get something and go upside his head and he want put his hands on you anymore.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I think you already know the answer to this question..However, it is all about you being able to take that step. For the saftey of you and your newborn child, I would say that you need to make a plan and get out. There is no excuse for a man to hit a woman or a child. When your child gets older she will see what is going on and it will have damaging effects on her. I hope you have the courage to leave. Love is a very strange thing sometimes and we don't always do what we should do when we are in love. For the love of your daughter - get out. Good luck mama.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Even though you love him....does he love you? If he did my thinking is he wouldn't abused you. And for a child to see this is tramatizing. You and him are teaching the child to be like this later in life. Is it ok for your daughter to grow up and be treated like you are now? Do you want that for her? I agree with the first post...do what is right for your daughter's sake, you can find love again. Hopefully with someone who doesn't abused you.
    Anonymous

• honey ive been there...its hard to leave him..it may feel lik u love him but he obviously doesnt love u...it took me 8 months to leave my ex...i leave him after he made me misscarry...leave him while u still can. trust me ull feel a whole lot better after a small amount of time. u hav to do wuit is right for ur baby. hus to say he wont do it to her when she gets older? and he could take it too far with u...just leave him. do it now and dont ever look bakk.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You say you love him..what is there to love..
    You love someone who disrespects you. If you stay with that little boy...you are showing
    you daughter a BAD EXAMPLE....
    What is going to happen when he starts abusing her...you don't know the truth of him period...
    If he is capable of abusing a woman ...anything is possible..
    get out for the LOVE of yourself..and the LOVE of your child!!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• well he obviously doesnt love you or your baby.
    unles you are both willing to spend hours in counseling and go through the steps and do all the work that it will take to POSSIBLY change his behavior then you need to leave him. And chances are he's not going to be willing to do all the work to change himself.
    your baby is more important then your love him. make the best choice.
    ...besides, you already know the answer to this question.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Leave, you are not married to him, and find a place that is safe for you and baby. Restraining orders don't always work. My b.i.l. had a co-worker who was killed by her estranged husband with an ax. Get away from him.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You know what...why would you even ask this! Guess what. You might love him but HE DOES NOT LOVE YOU. You don't hurt someone you love. So there. Do you want to sit around and be with someone you doesn't love you and hurts you? You are hurting your daughter by staying with him. You might think she doesn't understand whats going on but she does. And if you keep allowing her to witness her mother getting abused, she's going to let a man do the same thing to her when she's older and YOU are going to be the reason why this cycle of abuse continued. If you are really that stupid to stay with him than please spare the rest of us and stop asking stupid questions about it. If you don't want to leave than fine but don't complain about it because this is something you COULD stop yourself.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009