Did I test too early?

AF is due on 4/16 but I took the test today and got a negative result. Is it possible that I may have tested too early? Should I just give up?

armanaqueen630

Asked by armanaqueen630 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I know how you feel it is very nerve racking to wait and you get anxious and it is all you think about and you want it to happen so badly, but you have to relax and be positive and take in consideration that it may not happen this month. wait until you missed your period and then test again if it is negative accept the fact that it is negative and move on and maybe just maybe you will continue to be late and you will get a BFP later down the line. If not, enjoy trying again and relax because it seems to work exactually when you want it when you are relaxed about it.
    Anonymous

• You tested within the time frame but you can always wait until after you miss your period to see if you are. Sometimes the hcg levels are to low. Don't give up, it takes time and always happens when you least expect it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yes, you should wait until at least the first day of your missed period.wait a week try again.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 13, 2009