Sty in eye?

My dh woke up with his eye swollen, i looked under his eye lid and you can see the bump so we are assuming he has a sty. Any home remedies to help soothe it and to make it go away faster? He works this afternoon too so he's not a very happy campepr! lol Poor guy!!

LilStar9905

Asked by LilStar9905 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• Gosh, I remember having one of those when I was a kid. I remember my mom keeping a really warm washcloth on my eye.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yup, apply a warm washcloth to the eye several times a day. Your little one works? lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol Mamaada, she said her DH not DS :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol. How could you make a little baby work? HAhahaha
    You can try to steep a cup of black tea, ring out most of the water and place it on the eye lid while it is still warm.
    I have had sties all my life and the only thing that really works is time. Give it a couple of days and it should go away on it's own.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• wring out the water..
    Smacks forehead.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Okay this sounds Funny... But first A Clean Wash cloth to cleanse it & soften it. Take A Clean Gold Smooth ring & slice it right off! No idea why but A Real Gold Piece of Clean Jewlery works! I heard this Trick Years ago on the Old Hour Magazine TV Show,Health tips Section!! I did do it & it worked & didn't hurt at all ! Nothing went wrong ever.. Of course Try at your own Risk! Its A trick I use on me!! I have no medical or Dental Healthcare! Or can I afford my Meds. DH & I are both unemployed! But I care to Help.. Hope you find your Right Answer!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009