Has anyone else ever slipped and told their soon to be ex "I love you?"

We are in the process of divorce and I was talking to him on the phone this morning. We're civil to each other. When we got off the phone I said it completely without thinking. The bad thing is, he said it back. I'm pretty sure he was feeling awkward, and didn't know what to say. It was out of habit, I said it before I realized I did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• hum...????!!!!! thats crazy.....
    Anonymous

• I said it to my husband when we were separated. he said it back and we ended up back together. You can love him although your not in love with him. My family and I always say I love you before hanging up and sometimes I say it to who ever is on the other line out of habit.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i dont think it's that crazy. ...i mean, i think you always love. Just because things didnt work out and the love has changed doesnt mean that something is not still there. Of course, you dont want to keep saying i love you. that would be weird.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Omigosh that is so sweet. Want you just give it another try...but honestly just because you love someone doesn't mean you are meant to be. But I like to hear things like this {so sweet}
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• hard to break old habits. Just let it go. Try not to do it again now that you are aware of doing it. It gives mixed messages

Answer by admckenzie at 1:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• In December 2006 I broke up with my ex to get back together with my daughters dad. My ex was there with me when my daughter was born and when I broke up with him he asked me why. Not even realizing what I was saying i said "I"m sorry. I love you, please dont hate me." It was a long night. I said this at like 5am when we had finally quit argueing about the break up and I had to be to work at 6am. Now, my ex and my husband (my daughters dad) are friends. He will come hang out with us and stuff. It's kinda weird.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 1:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• YESSSSSSSSS. He meant and so did you. Even after the divorce it doesn't change what was once good between you both. You will still have wife attached to you by him for the rest of your life. If you where married for awhile, I gotta tell you this you will still be the family functions. Kids only make it a 100% more of a fact you will. You made relationships with the moms, aunts and sisters and they still invite you to those things. Do you love him? He is your husband. Besides there are all types of love........................@ least he didn't leave you hangin & NOT said it back. Theres always something good to find in a situation.
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009