weaning question: how much?

once weaned off formula, how much reg. milk should I offer my son a day? how many ounces per cup?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Start by putting 1 oz of milk in his formula. So if he gets 8 oz of formula do 7 of formula and 1 of milk in place of an oz of water to get his stomach used to it. Keep increasing it every few days until its all milk then you can give him 6 oz at a time 3 to 4 times a day.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• How old is your son? He should get 3 glasses a day. One in the morning, one at lunch and one at dinner. No more than 6 ounces I think I was told.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• he's almost one
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• you migth also check with your dr's office. Ours recommended 18 to 24 ozs per day once he turned one.
    Anonymous

• our dr told us the same thing about the 24 oz but he said most kids dont get all that and thats why they reccomend a daily vitamin but my son just keeps puttin the sippie cups of milk back so we just give him as much as he wants. i figure as long as he is still eating then he is probalby just drinking what he needs.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009