hair cut: what do you do?

SO is at work all day, and I have no one to watch my son. I'd like to get my hair cut at a walk-in place in town. they have no "babysitting" facility in it. actually I dont know of any haircut place that does lol. but I've never seen a mom in there holding her baby while getting her hair done. would this work? or could I have my son sit in a stroller? he's almost 1. now that I think about it, holding my son while getting my hair done wouldnt work. I mean hair flying everywhere, he might get scared of the hairdryer....now I feel silly lol but if you've been in this position, what did you do?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I took them and put them in their stroller with their favorite toy, drink, etc.. It doesn't take long and then you are doing something for yourself... I take our boys everywhere with me, have been since birth and they are great where ever I take them because they are used to it...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 1:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I've had my kids in the stroller while I got my hair cut. It wasn't like I was at the salon for hours though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Leave them in the stroller in front of you. He will be fine and if he gets fussy ask the lady to stop and calm him down. Bring along a few toys to entertain him.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• bring a friend
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Im sorry sweetie but I had to take mine to his auntie or wait till his father gets home or is off for a day. I have to get my toes done right now but I'm sure Ill have to wait until the weekend.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sadly I was in this position when my husband was deployed and we had just moved to a new town. Honestly I didn't get my hair cut until he got back from the deployment. It sucked. I thought about taking my son with me and having him sit in his stroller, but in the end I didn't feel like that would work at all. So I just had to wait it out until my hubby could be home and watch the baby!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 1:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• See if a friend will go w/ you and hold your son. Or a neighbor could sit for you. If that won't work, just let him sit his stroller by you. If you need to get your haircut, do what you need to do & not worry about what the business thinks. You're the client....you're paying them! And if they act like jerks about it, don't tip & don't go back.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You're so cute.... being a new mom is a challenge isn't it, hon? I always made my appointments for nap-time and took the portable crib and let them sleep while I had my hair done.... most places do not have a problem with you doing what you gotta do.... unless you're baby is screaming and being a distraction.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I never got my hair done while my dd was that young! LOL For THIS exact reason! On dh's days off, I would go and cut my own hair in the bathroom.
    What I finally did when dh deployed was have my neighbor watch my dd while she was napping. I needed a break! Is there a way to get someone to watch them for you for a few minutes?
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I was just going to say what Pace said . . . go at naptime.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009