has anyone ever went to the doctors about canker sores?

What did they do? Did they give you medicine? Did the medicine work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• Canker sores go away on their own. You can get an over the counter topical care to soothe them. Steer clear of acidic drinks and foods and especially salt.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• yes when I was younger...I get them all the time. The doc prescribed something called Magic Swizzle....LOL It is some kind of numbing mouth rinse. It didn't work for me. I just use Listerine. It burns like HELL but I use it at least 4 times a day and if I get up at night I rinse with it. It helps! Believe me! The alcohol in the Listerine kills the germs and helps heal the canker sores...The alcohol free mouth wash don't help!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• canker sores run in my family. a common thing we use to soothe and help get rid of them is something called 'Kanka" you can get it at wal mart or probably like walgreens or some store like those. and if you can't get a hold of this stuff, gargle your mouth with warm salt water. it'll burn like crazy- but it'll really help the pain. good luck! i know they're miserable!
    Anonymous

• I agree with" mominbolt". Listerine really works. I use it as a preventative two to three times a day. It works.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• We use Oragel for the pain when my daughter gets them.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Ask the pharmacist for recommendations, as well as those recommended above. When I get them I use something I got over the counter- it had peroxide in it and is used for cleaning the teeth of people who have trouble brushing, but it works well on canker sore- hurts, but the peroxide bubbles up the germs.

Answer by Bmat at 1:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009