first ob appt. today. Should my BF go with me for entire appt. or just ultrasound?

I have my first OB appt. today at 9 weeks my boyfriend wants to go. Should he come back with me for the entire appt. or should I just have the nurse call him in when they do the ultrasound?

MsBBDZ

Asked by MsBBDZ at 1:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Either is fine.
    Anonymous

• do you know forsure there is going to be an ultrasound?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• yes, I called to confirm they would perform an ultrasound
    MsBBDZ

Answer by MsBBDZ at 1:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Its up to you. Its a basic appointment. They do your weight talk to you about diet and exercise and ask you about birth control methods once the baby is born, they do a breast exam and then a ultra sound. They talk to you about prenatal vitamins and all that. They will ask about your last period and sexual partners in the last year and explain bloods tests and ask if you want an HIV test done.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If he want to be there for all your appointments he can be there.  It's up to him.

Answer by louise2 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sometimes the guy can't come back for everything, like the STD check and pap. You need to call the office and find out if he's just going to be chillin in the waiting room the whole time.
    Anonymous

• It's entirely up to you. It all depends on how comfortable you are with him seeing you in...let's say, awkward positions. My husband attended every single appointment from beginning to end regardless of what was going on. It was what I was comfortable with and he wanted to be there as much as he possibly could.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I was told by the one nurse, not to bring him and I thought that it was weird. I said something to the DR when I saw her and she said that he could have come and I shouldn't have been told that.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My husband went to all of the appointments. When they did things like a pap or "checking" me, my husband stepped into the hall. He thought I would feel more comfortable if he wasn't in there. I think he just didn't feel comfortable. I think your boyfriend should go. He needs to hear what the doctor says as well and be able to ask questions or even hear your questions so he can know he isn't alone on any type of concern he may be having as well.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 1:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Thank you everyone for your answers ;0] have a blessed day!..Im soooooooo excited to get to see our baby ;]
    MsBBDZ

Answer by MsBBDZ at 1:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009