Just wanted to know if anyone has ever used primrose oil to help naturally induce their labor. Just wondering if it works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did and it did nothing. I used it for 3 weeks and sat at 2 cm the entire time. I took it orally and also inserted 2 tablets into my vagina like they say you can do. All it did was give me another thing to worry about.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• chammoile tea is good for this.I used and it helps induce contractions so does walking.

2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• evening primrose oil does nothing more than *maybe* soften your cervix. Which wont push you into labor at all... what it can do is help once labor is already in full swing.

there are no teas that will help induce labor either. chamomile and red raspberry leaf tea do nothing to help with labor. Red raspberry leaf will only strengthen and tone uterine/pelvic muscles.. chamomile will help relax things, but not as an actual labor inducer. :)

Remember, nothing will work unless baby is ready. Not even a medical induction.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Evening Primrose Oil doesn't induce labor. It is used to help soften your cervix, making labor easier and quicker.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009