• In the Spotlight:

a little stressed...HELP!

I just found out that I am pregnant. According to my calculations, 4w6d. I dont have any healt insurance. Is there a low cost plan that I can get while I am pregnant?

crice913

Asked by crice913 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I DONT KNOW ABOUT IN YOUR AREA;
    BUT IF YOU GO TO A PUBLIC/CITY
    HOSPITAL AND TELL THEM THAT YOU
    ARENT COVERED THEY USAULLY HELP
    YOU FIND AFFORDABLE COVERAGE.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 1:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i would talk to the health department. they helped me find a dr and find someone to help with the hospital bills after the baby was born. i was 15 so its been a few years. but the best thing you can do is just talk to someone about it.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• You can apply for medi-cal benefits and they will cover you to go see a medi-cal approved docter. I am on it now and my docter is really great. You can try doing a search online to see where you can apply for medi-cal benefits.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• States and hospitals vary but we didn't have insurance and the hospital should have a couple of options for you. check with them and your state
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Thanks everyone! I went to my county Medical Assistance office and applied for benefits. I also got the name of a really great doctor. When I called to make the appointment, I told them that I might not have my coverage by the time I was going to be seen. They told me that it was no problem because Medical Assistance can be back dated when you are pregnant. I really appreciate all of your help!
    crice913

Answer by crice913 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2009