Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


my son got into the dish soap and well he poured it on his head which went to his face and then the rest of his body, he has a swollen eye it looks like a pink eye but since its just irritated from the soap and the he has all these red patches all over his body, you think he'll be fine or should i go take him to the doc. i'm not sure what to do he look miserable.


Asked by MommaBear1129 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

Level 2 (6 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I would go to the doctor immediately! He might be having an allergic reaction. Take the bottle with you just in case. Did you call poison control when it happened?

    Answer by DDry at 1:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • i did. but they said it'd be fine.

    Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Red patches on the body doesnt sound normal. That sounds like hes having an allergic reaction. Is he having trouble breathing or anything? Lips swollen? If hes not having any other issues other than the red patches and the eye, I will give him some benedryl and call your doctor. If he begans showing other signs of distress, i would take him in. Don't panic, but be watchful.

    Answer by momofsaee at 1:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • I did that when I was 8 I filled a water balloon with soap and it popped in my eye, my dad just washed it out and I went to bed because it hurt and I couldn't open them, but I was ok, it's up to you if you feel he should go or not, If they said he would be fine, it's up to you

    Answer by NicholeAT at 1:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • I agree with the benedryl. It works wonders with allergic reactions, and it doesn't really harm if it turns out NOT to be an allergic reaction.

    Answer by rhope4 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • no swollen lips. he's breathing fine. and i did give him some benedrly. i put lottion on him. i'm

    Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009