Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Heres my question. My fiance smokes pot and i hate it!! Everyone told me i was nuts to leave over it so we set rules, not in the car, not around me or DD, not at home, not keeping it in the house/car. Well i went to work today and moved the ashtry to put my coffee in the cupholder and there was a litle bag of pot!!! I was soooo pissed. I yelled at him because yesterday we were driving around all day with DD and had we been pulled over i woulda been screwed. and since i didnt know it was there had i got pulled over with DD and knocked it over i coulda got a possessions charge and lost her! He claims i could not have lost her over a possessions charge i think hes wrong is he?? Im from PA if that matters

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • i believe if ou do not do it and do not test positive when they have a follow up if they do call child services then you wil; not lose your dd. but it is still not a chance i would want to take. good luck hun!

    Answer by katie_s1 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • The state does matter. i dont know much about PA
    but here in Cali there is no way you would loose custody over a simple marijuana posession charge.
    But i would still be pissed. You would still be responsible and you'd still have it on your record.

    Answer by outstandingLove at 1:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Honestly, it depends on the judge. It's not a risk worth taking. But what I don't understand is why you stayed with a guy because other people thought you should. If you don't have the same values as this guy, you shouldn't be together. He can be a father without being your significant other.

    Answer by DDry at 1:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • I think more than anything the fact that he isn't respecting your wishes and keeping it away from you and DD is what I would be pissed about. Obviously you can't trust him to keep it away so I think you have to take more drastic measures if you want the drug use out of your life. Breaking up a family is hard, but if its what is best for you and your child (in your opinion) than do what you have to do. The only opinion on this that counts is yours. If you want him to keep the drugs away from you and DD and he don't that is a problem.

    Answer by nannabart at 1:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • it depended on how much you had on you. Also they wouldn't had taken her that fast.

    Answer by Jess288 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Different states have different laws. I'd find out what was more important...the family or his pot. From there, you would know what you would have to do.

    Answer by rhope4 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.