I feel sad, but I know I have much to be thankful for; but I'm new to this. Help?

For all the wives who have to live basically like a single mom because DH is gone, for military or work - gone is gone.... How do you handle the sad times? Last year DH was gone 7 months out of the year.... he was home for a while, and I loved it so much.... now the out of town has started again. He's been out of town for 3 straight weeks.... I know it could be worse, and is on plenty, I feel for you too; so how do you keep from just bawling sometimes.... when the loneliness seems to soak into your, usually, tough skin? I've been crying all morning and can't seem to stop... I just miss him so much.

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 1:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• It seems to me that it would be a time of planning for when he returns. Make some thing positive out of something that seems negative. Back in the olden days women wrote great letters to their men while they were away at war or off doing whatever men used to do back then. They were gone for long periods as well but the women kept the men in their heart and spirit and wrote them more often than they did in a diary. Write him. Does he have email where he is? Write your thoughts and feelings about him being gone and how you cant wait for his return. Men love hearing they are missed and appreciated.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sorry i can't help, but I'm sorry. This would be very hard =\ Hopefully it gets better/easier.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• BTW you are a much stronger woman then I am, I wouldn't be able to do that.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My DH is currently deployed....I'm due any day now with our first chld....he has been gone for weeks now and I miss him more than anything. I know what your going through....we just have to be strong and wait for their return home.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• There is an article in next months parent's magazine(just got it in the mail yesterday) from a military mom of two kids. She wrote an excellent piece on how to adjust to life without her husband and being a "single mommy" for six months at a stretch. How they adjusted to his deployments emotionally and how they learned to move forward despite missing him.

It's a great article. So if your just standing in line at the grocery store line check it out or just buy the magazine...great articles this month!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 1:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• SO isnt military but he does work a lot. 10 hour days, 6-7 days a week. no family nearby. well his family is only 30 minutes away but they never visit. so i consider them as not nearby lol. I've been going to library playgroups to get my social life up and running again. even though I see the moms only at the library, i'm happy for now. keeps me sane! b4 the library I got hooked on tv, but thankfully it isnt on all the time anymore
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• sorry to hear you are in pain like that but @ least you seem well enough to know you have something to live for. Why don't you join the wives of army or service guys group they have on here. Its called something like that they would better understand what you are going threw than just any of us. Take care of yourself...............
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I kinda know where you're coming from. DH is laid off now and I am cherishing every minute until he finds work or gets called back. When he was working, he slept here, but that's about it. He worked 12 - 16 hours for weeks straight. When he was here and awake, he was exhausted. At least I saw him every day or night, tho. (((hugs)))... hope it gets better!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009